Saturday, November 7, 2015

The post about HOPE, a visit with my mom and my arm progress...



  • Meanwhile, Wednesday on Instagram...
  • It's coffee time and does this angle make me look like I have curves like Jessica Rabbit? Because I don't! I do like this picture though because it shows my right oblique and my left upper inner thigh leg muscle. And it highlights my HOPE Stella and Dot necklace which benefits women's cancer research. And it's on sale right now.
  • Today promises to be a busy day. I've an early morning meeting that should last till lunchtime, then a lunchtime meeting that could last a couple hours as well. There's always paper work to do and after work is my dad time. Today I go with my father to pick up his new specks. And we're having dinner together. I'm hoping to get home by 8pm so I can hang with Jules for an hour before bed. It's super early to bed for me tonight. I'm bagged and I've training early tomorrow morning. Happy hump day everyone!





  • This is my current situation. I'm literally falling asleep at my desk. I'm feeling bagged and I'm having a rare afternoon coffee. Today I was going to start a 2 week spell of protein and veggies. Just because I've not been feeling great. My digestion has been off. But this morning I show up for team meeting and there is celebratory fruit, nuts and cake in acknowledgement of years of service for 4 of us that were being recognized this year. I was one of the four. I celebrated 15 years on November 1st. So I ate nuts and fruit all day. Tomorrow is my new start day for protein and veggies (and wine on weekends:-). No more excuses! Although I feel blah, my non-lycra skinny jeans are falling down. And I was trying to convince myself that my hard abdomen was my abs finally coming in. On reflection, it's probably just gas...





  • Meanwhile, Thursday on Instagram...
  • Feeling so incredibly bagged this morning. Vivid dreams of my mom made me wake with a start and left me feeling sad and alone. She was at the house I grew up in (and where my dad still lives). We were talking about current events and she kept saying she had to go. I begged her not to because I knew I wouldn't see her again. And I asked to come with her but she told me it wasn't my time yet. Then I woke up. I don't feel like I've slept at all.
  • Anyway, I'm on my way to the gym in 5 mins. It's upper body today. But first I must do HIIT. After that I'm at an all day workshop at the office. I am not sure I'll stay awake. I may need mid-day coffee again...





  • Meanwhile, Friday on Instagram...
  • It's coffee time and you know when you feel like you've got nothing left to give? That was me yesterday. I took a little social media break. Today is a new day and I'm feeling much better. Sometimes you just need to unplug. The only things I enjoyed yesterday was my training session with Tony and seeing Julien when I got home from work. It was so beautiful outside yesterday, and a dark cloud hovered over me all day long. I didn't even get outside to enjoy the weather. Only to get in and out of my car. But today is a new start. And it's Friday. Not sure if I'll have anything prolific to share today, but I'm here...





  • It's flex Friday and I know I've nothing to flex, but humor me. I'm quite happy with how my arms are coming along. And I'm only 6 weeks post-op. There's still a bit of swelling, but it's minimal now. And I have to remember that they aren't going to look like they should for another 2-4 months. Something that I'm beginning to love is my scar. On my left arm only. My right arm is more wonky and uneven. That will be the arm that gets tattooed. And just in case anyone doubts how huge my ass and legs are. There's the proof. This could be a Flash Back Friday post too for Thick Thigh Thursday...





  • My day in a nutshell. I spent a lot of it in my car. I had an appointment in Listowel. My hamstring aches as does my bum. Leg day was Tuesday! But the old injury acts up when I sit for a long time. My arms also hurt. Upper body was yesterday. I'm nothing but a fecken mess. And I get to torture myself more at the gym tomorrow. Looking forward to it. 
  • The top left pic was my breakfast today. The top right was my lunch. I replaced my poppy today. I keep losing them. I need to use a rubber earring backer. I've one in my jewelry box if I can remember to get it. And when I got home I observed wine time without much dinner. I did have cantaloupe. That totally counts. It's 8pm and I'm going to bed. Sad you say? Yep. I know how to party like it's 1899...