Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The post about one month post op, my first upper body day in a month and an over-priced elevator ride...



  • Meanwhile, Monday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime. Anyone else feeling the Monday morning blues? Although I've been sightseeing in my own city as a tourist, I've not gone to the gym since last Thursday. Tony's gonna kill me tomorrow and I deserve it. Looking forward to getting my fitness completely back on track this week. Dr Patterson gave me the go ahead to return to all activity, so I will. 
  • Tomorrow will mark one month post op. I will do a pic of my incision later. It looks good. The bruising is pretty much gone. Just applying the body butter and scar cream. And I'm still in compression sleeves for now. My lipo site is almost normal looking too. Minimal bruising is left. I have to wear my compression garment on my bottom for another month yet. And I'm religiously applying the body butter. Body butter is awesome stuff. Why did I never use it before? 
  • Today I go on a hike with my house guest. He needs to use his legs to work out the kinks after yesterday's marathon. It's been a fun time. He leaves tomorrow...





  • My scar. Sexy isn't it? Not! But it's coming along swimmingly. I'm proud of this scar because it represents my journey. And I found a script that I'd like to tattoo over my scar. I may just tattoo one arm and leave the other scar au natural. The script will read:
I love the person I've become because I fought to become her.
  • So appropriate for my journey. Right now I'm marinating strip loin steaks and roasting beets. It's a steak, beet salad, mushroom and sauteed cabbage kinda day. After dinner my house guest and I are gonna saunter over to Buddy's to watch the Blue Jays game. Fingers and toes crossed we break outta this slump. It's election day in Canada. Did you exercise your civic duty? Go vote Canada...





  • Meanwhile, Tuesday on Instagram...
  • Operating on 3.5 hours sleep. The gym should be interesting. I could go to sleep right now. All I want is to be done at the gym. And coffee. I want coffee. I may have to go back to bed when I get home. Today my house guest leaves. We're going to hang out at the CN Tower before I drop him at the airport. Haven't been there since middle school. Time to get outta my car and hit the treadmill. HIIT awaits me...





  • It's finally #coffeetime and today marks one month post op. Four weeks ago I had an upper arm lift and liposuction on my upper outer thighs. Today I had my first arm and chest day in over a month. It went better than I expected. I'm definitely fatigued and Tony worked me hard. Let's see what my memory skills are like. Today's workout consisted of:
  • 20 mins of HIIT ✔ 
  • 10 reps each of ring pulls and pushups x4 sets ✔
  • Assisted pull ups 10 reps x 4 sets ✔
  • Dumbbells 2 different lifts 10 reps x 4 sets ✔ 
  • Core circuit 3 exercises of 10 reps x 4 sets
  • Today's workout felt strange. My scars pulled. But it felt gross, not painful. I belted out the push-ups which surprised me. The hardest thing to do was the pull-ups and core. Shoulders and core are my weak areas. Hence what Tony will be working the most on me in the next little while. Highlight of my workout? Stripping down to my sports bra in the staff room to show off my arm scars. I should have sold tickets. Time to eat all the protein. I need a nap but maybe a shower will do...





  • Wanna know what the biggest rip off in Toronto is? Paying $40 to go up the CN Tower. The outside deck was closed due to the weather. It was fecken overcast. Not sure how that constitutes bad weather. I've not been up the tower for years. But there has been no updating done. Everything is old and out dated. If you're gonna charge that kind of money, make it worth it. Probably spent 20 minutes up there, for $40. Such a waste of money. My house guest was not impressed. 
  • He's heading home as we speak. Brought him to the airport this evening. After the CN Tower we hit the Wheat Sheaf which is the oldest tavern in Toronto. Better deal there. Half priced appetizers. Thank God we didn't stay to watch the game. Too painful. I'm dozing here. Popped some Melatonin and I'm heading to sleep. Felt like a zombie all day. Three and a half hours of sleep is brutal. Hoping to get 7 hours tonight. I've got muscles to grow...