Thursday, October 1, 2015

The post about my 1st post-surgery run and progress pics of my arms and thighs...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • Good morning my beautiful friends. And today promises to be magical. Because although I'm only able to run a short distance to start, I'm allowed to run. So run I will. First my coffee, then my run, then I eat, then my shower and redressing my sutures, then I work. I've got mileage to continue with and reports to write. Best thing about working from home for the week is getting caught up on all the stuff that gets pushed aside while you're busy with clients. Next week it's back to business as usual and I can't wait. Back to work, back to training, back to eating all the food...





  • I ran slow but I ran and I loved every minute of it. My thighs definitely felt the foot strikes down, but it wasn't horrible. Just reminded me that they were beaten like egg whites a week ago. I'm not gonna push my luck and run again tomorrow, but I will walk tomorrow and run every other day. A pleasant surprise was feeling how loose my running top felt in the arms and having to tighten my fuel belt. Although I suspect that once I get back to eating normal again, my recent drop in weight will be a thing of the past. I've not run this slow in years, but it didn't diminish how bad ass I felt...





  • This is my progress thus far. My surgery date was September 22nd. I had brachioplasty (upper arm lift), and upper outer thigh liposuction.
For my arms:
  • Top pic was taken on the 22nd pre-surgery.
  • Middle pic was taken on the 27th.
  • Bottom pic was after my shower this morning. 
  • I can definitely see improvement in the incisions and swelling is beginning to go down. Dr Patterson said my arms look real good. I beg to differ. But I know what he means.
For my thighs:
  • Today it rubbed the lotion on its skin because truth be told, I can't handle the hose again. Sorry, I can't help myself. 
  • But rubbing lotion on my outer thighs helps bring circulation back and ensures that the lipo'd areas become smooth and consistent. And it felt great after my run. 
  • I've still got some swelling there but I can't believe how smooth my legs are without the saddlebags. 
  • I might have a picture from a while ago of my back end. I'll have to take a look. Dr Patterson took before pics and I will share in a few months. 
  • Something that didn't change is I still have a giant ass and all the curvy girl problems that go along with it. It's all good though. Curves are sexy:-)





  • Well lookie there. My carbs are high! And just after I switched my macro amounts. I made a huge pot of minestrone soup and added Romano beans. That with the fruit in my lunch time smoothie is likely the culprit. Oh, and I had hummus. Lots of legumes today with lots of cabbage. Feeling pretty bloated right now. 
  • And I know I haven't spoken of it recently, but my BM dilemma is still a pain in the ass. Pun intended. It's working itself out, just not as quickly as I'd hoped. It appears as though I'm impatient when it comes to everything. 
  • I didn't do much today. After my run this morning I lost energy and momentum. I didn't brush my hair or put any kind of effort into my appearance today. But I did have wine. It is #WineWednesday after all. And wine brought a smile to my face. 
  • All I want to do right now is take my bloated self to bed and sleep. So that's what I'm going to do. Sleep off this negativity. Goodnight lovely people...