Monday, October 5, 2015

The post about a hike, a ton of chores and a fall meal...



  • It's #coffeetime and I had a pretty shitty sleep last night. I felt exhausted, but then too much stuff swimming in my head meant that I didn't sleep well. Oh well. I'm sure to get fatigued today. I'm hiking with Tanya in an hour and I'm really looking forward to it. Not sure how long or far we're going, but it will be a new experience. Gotta get a protein smoothie into me and dress warmly. I've no idea how hikers dress. I'm going with layering my running gear. Figure I can't go wrong. It's cold and I don't think I'll be sweating as much as I do when I run. Afterwards it's a day of laundry and prep for the coming week. I'm back to the old grind tomorrow. I've a couple office days ahead of me. My favorite...





  • Had a great time hiking to Borer's Falls with this girl this morning. I think I'm gonna get me some proper hiking shoes. Definitely more challenging than I thought it would be. Lots of hilly and rough terrain in the trails. We ended up on the escarpment trail so lots of climbing was had. It was a decent workout because my heart rate was raised several times and I did get a sweat on. I believe I earned a second coffeetime. Time to eat, then shower, then laundry. Gotta figure out dinner too. Maybe salmon cakes with sauted cabbage and roasted beets are on the menu for tonight...





  • Another day where I didn't log my food. Bad, bad My Fitness Pal user! But I'm pretty sure I ate enough. My eats today are as follows:
  • Banana
  • Nut butter
  • Minestrone soup
  • 3 eggs
  • Apple 
  • 2 glasses of wine
  • Beet salad
  • Cabbage w onion, bacon, tomato & celery
  • Salmon cakes
  • I was asked for my salmon cake recipe. I've not really got one. I use 3 cans of salmon drained and rinsed. Two eggs, coconut flour (about 1/3 of a cup) and a bunch of spices. I think I used garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. I basically use what I have on hand. I mix everything by hand and form into patties. Nothing elaborate. And I use coconut oil to fry them up. That is all. 
  • I almost forgot I had 10 pounds of beets in my pantry. I roasted them with olive oil, let them cool, then added sliced red onions, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper. Simple but good. 
  • And the cabbage sauté is just all those ingredients thrown together with garlic powder and lots of pepper. I cook it on medium heat for about 45 minutes till everything's soft and yummy. The bacon gives it a nice flavor. Huh. Didn't think I'd be so long winded talking about my food today. 
  • Off to bed. I've work in the morning and if I sleep well tonight, I may run early. I must remember that I ate beets. My pee will be red in the morning...