Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The post about new leggings, a colossal mix-up and fun at the Biodome...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • Doing HIIT on the dreadmill in the hotel fitness centre is no joke yo! Followed that with 30 mins on the elliptical and I was in the shower before 7am. Contemplated running outside but I wasn't feeling brave enough. Makes me anxious to run in new places when I'm unfamiliar with where I'm running. Looks like the boy wins and we head to La Ronde for the day. But since it doesn't open till 10am, coffeetime and breakfast are in order. And I love my new leggings. I look like a Barney wannabe...





  • It's #coffeetime bad hotel lighting edition. Just waiting for the boys to get back from their walk and we're headed to La Ronde for the day. This is Julien's day. He's very excited because he's never been to a Six Flags before. Lots of walking and screaming will be happening shortly. I just ate a whack of breakfast sausages and eggs. My fat is going to be super high today. 
  • I got unfollowed yesterday by someone who said that my posts were uninspiring because I've gotten past the hard part of weight loss. It wasn't said in a mean spirited manner and if my page doesn't give you what you need, by all means move on with my very best wishes. But I'm gonna say this. Maintenance is much more difficult for me than losing 140 pounds was. It takes never ending planning, work and commitment. Sometimes I don't feel like doing it anymore and just want to lock myself in a room with all the bad carbs. But I don't. The hardest part (for me) continues everyday...





  • FML! And I'm a complete tool. We traveled all the way to Quebec to go to La Ronde. Yesterday was the last day of their regular season. So they're only open on weekends now. Not only was it disappointing, but I'm out the 140 something dollars that I paid for the tickets on line. They're non-refundable. I just assumed that the park would be open till after Labor Day like Wonderland. The moral? Always, always check hours of operation. See? A complete tool. I think I was more disappointed than Julien. 
  • Instead we hung out at the Biodome this afternoon. We still had a good time and it was fun and educational. Every pic of an animal (with the exception of the beaver and concrete alligator) is alive. We saw otters, giant raccoons, lots of fish, birds, an alligator, lynx, a live beaver and tons of penguins. 
  • Afterwards, I ventured out into Montreal by myself to hunt down contact lens solution. Success! And I had #winetime. Didn't track anything I ate today. But after having a very large breakfast of an obscene amount of eggs, my eating slowed right down. I don't think I ate enough. Just a couple salads and not much protein. If you're still reading this kudos to you. Long winded and boring today. I'm off to bed. HIIT and strength training in the morning. Montreal hotel style...