Sunday, September 20, 2015

The post about a feel good run, a CAA guy and drinks with Tanya...



  • Slow start this morning. That means I run today and go to the gym tomorrow. Gotta be outta here by 11am to get to my dad's place for noon. Then I'm back to see my boy for a bit and I'm meeting Tanya for adult drinks later. Looking forward to that. We haven't seen each other while not wearing running gear for ages.
  • I slept in this morning and I'm not sorry. Sometimes I just need to sleep like a normal person. I also woke in the middle of the night from a bad dream. But I can't remember what it was about. I never remember what I dream about. #Coffeetime brings with it overcast skies and a cool breeze. I think today I can wear my brand spanking new $5 jeans. And a sweater. I'll need a sweater...





  • Today I ran 8k. It worked out better for me than going to the gym because my legs felt great and they don't feel so limber after strength training and HIIT. What sucked was that I'm sure I ran my best pace in months. I just felt strong and like I was flying. But Strava stopped recording my run 3k in. My phone went into power saving mode which means my gps turned off. Oh well. I ran and I felt good. Something I haven't been able to say in a while. I ate salad and sausages for breakfast. That was supposed to be my dinner last night, but I wasn't hungry. I'm starving right now. We're going into hour number 2 of waiting at the walk-in clinic. I'm with my dad...





  • What a busy day. Spent the majority of it with my dad. Took him to the doctor because when I saw him this past week, I could tell he was still stiff and uncomfortable from the fall he had at my place a couple weeks ago. I can't believe he didn't tell me. The doctor thinks he may have fractured a rib but since there's nothing you can do for that but rest, it was the only prescription he got. Which was fine. I felt better having the doctor look at him even though we had to wait for almost 2 hours. Afterwards we went for a late lunch to Swiss Chalet. 
  • When we got back to my dad's, I called CAA because my dad said his car wouldn't start and we thought he might need a boost. Turns out the connection to the battery was loose and the mechanic didn't have the right part to fix it but he showed my dad exactly what needs to be done. It's an easy fix at the mechanic Monday morning. The CAA guy was hot. He had the prettiest eyes I've ever seen on a man. I came home, ate a quick dinner then headed to Dundas to have late #winetime with Tanya. I didn't eat enough today. I left almost 900 calories uneaten. But that's okay. I'm confident I'll do better tomorrow. Gym in the morning for realz...