Friday, August 21, 2015

The post about smoothie perfection, upper body and back to old eating habits...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's #smoothietime and I think I've made my best smoothie to date. I used a cup of cashew milk and omitted the water all together. Then I pulsed the shit out of it. The ice is def crushed and it's smooth. Thick but smooth. So you get my giant smoothie stash this morning. 
  • It's pissing rain out. So badly that it woke me twice last night from pounding on the roof. I'm meeting Tony in an hour for upper body then I gotta fly to Toronto. The rain is going to slow everything down. And it's another field trip via Toronto transit. I've no idea what to wear. I'm going to get wet. I'd like to just go back to bed. Don't feel much like adulting today. Or working out TBH...





  • This is how upper body sweat stains look 30 mins after the workout is done. Focus today was on back. FYI, my back is soaked. Pull ups are getting harder as Tony's taking weight off so they're not as "assisted" as they were. I also did a lot of TRX today. And I started working my core again. The good news is it didn't hurt at all. The bad news is I still don't like it. And I did some truly shitty pushups. My fecken nemesis. Hate, hate, hate pushups. Hanging out on George Brown Campus this morning with my youth. Fun times. It's pissing rain outside... 





  • Yesterday I was tagged by the very lovely @watchmegwork for #widn (what I'm doing now). I got home about 30 minutes ago and although I'd love to have wine right now, I'm buckling down on my eating. I definitely made the right decision to stop eating grains. I'm going to add dairy, nuts and fruit (with the exception of smoothie days) to that list. At least for a few weeks so I can get things back to normal. Not sure what's going on with me but I'm bloated, my tummy feels off and I just feel like I'm lacking energy. 
  • Today I ate the way I normally do. A lot of protein, veggies and some fruit. Because I felt so blah I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 5 pounds heavier than I was on Saturday! So back to what I know. Eating Paleo makes my life simpler. And Tony told me this morning that I need to trust the process. He's right. If I add another gym day, start doing HIIT a few times a week and keep running, things will get to where I want them to be. Ultimately I just want to be stronger...





  • So this is a typical eating day for me. High in protein, low in carb, and my fat was almost what My Fitness Pal says it should be. I think it should still be lower. Just for the record. I ate over 2000 calories. 2071 to be exact. But again, that's typical for me. I ate how I'd normally eat. And anyone who knows me in real life would tell you, I eat a lot. But I eat clean. I'm going to be cleaning things up even more. Limiting fruit to a serving on days when I train at the gym. Stopping with the nuts and seeds, omitting dairy and drinking wine only a couple times a week. Focus will be on lean protein and veggies. And lowering my fat intake. I need to feel good again. Bloat be gone! Let's do this for a few weeks and re-evaluate. Tomorrow should be interesting. I'm taking my youth to the Mandarin Buffet for lunch...