Monday, August 31, 2015

The post about a road trip, potty breaks and the beautiful province of Quebec...



  • It's #coffeetime and I'm still doing laundry and trying to get my house in order before I leave for Montreal this morning. I'm not sure how much I'll be online today. I could be bored out of my mind and on here frequently or I may just post here and there. I have to share driving duties and I know this 6hr trek will feel much longer with the constant question of "are we there yet"? When I'm not driving, being in a moving car makes me sleepy. So there's the very real possibility I'll get an hour long nap. Hope to be on my way by 9am. 
  • My house is still asleep but I'm folding laundry and packing provisions. Snacks are essential because I'm not eating off plan or missing my fitness while on vacation. Today likely won't happen for exercise, but I'm bringing running and gym gear for the next 3 days. 
  • Let's talk about my photo for a moment. My shoulders are fast becoming my favorite body part. I'm starting to get muscle definition and I'm getting stronger. I'm proud of myself for working so hard at the gym yesterday. I'm not a confident gym person and I'm definitely getting more comfortable being there alone, without a trainer. But working with Tony makes the time go much faster. Part of it is the social aspect and part of it is he totally kicks my ass. There's nothing wrong with a thorough and frequent ass kicking...





  • This is what I'm doing right now. Admiring my legs (because why not?) and waiting for boys to get out of the Esso toilet in the hamlet of Grafton. Two hours into this 6 hour road trip and only one potty stop and 1 inquiry of when we're going to get there. I think I'm winning. We are driving through some pretty scenery. I'm blessed to live in such a beautiful province. Next stop is Belleville for lunch...





  • It's the final countdown, Montreal style. We arrived in the lovely province of Quebec around dinner time. Driving through Montreal is no joke yo! And I was driving. But it's all good. We arrived safe and sound. Checked into our hotel and went to dinner at a pizza joint. I had #winetime with Julien. He drank pop:-) 
  • My calories were high today. I ate on plan but eating out limits choices. I had a chicken Cesar salad for dinner. It was huge and yummy, but high in fat. Made with home made Cesar dressing. My basa fish filet at lunch was also high in fat. Lots of fat, lots of calories. I scoped out the hotel fitness centre. It's got some decent equipment. I can totally work out there in the morning. My biggest FML moment? Forgetting my contact lens solution. Looks like we're hitting Six Flags tomorrow...