Sunday, August 23, 2015

The post about RIDE, dreaded HIIT and hanging with an old friend...



  • Meanwhile, yesterday on Instagram...
  • What we have here is tropical fruit blend #smoothietime. Drinking right out of the blender jug is acceptable smoothie etiquette right? Enjoying 5 minutes of quiet time before I get my gear on and head to the gym. Gonna do HIIT on the dreadmill and arms and shoulders on machines as per Tony's instruction. This afternoon I've a friend coming over with her family. She's thinking of moving to the Hammer. Gotta show them around. Julien's excited. Kids to play with...





  • #Coffeetime has finally arrived. Why the heck were so many people at the gym on a Saturday morning? Funny enough, I got stopped by R.I.D.E. while driving to the gym. Smart to look for the morning after drunks. Held up the check point because the officer was asking me about my running medal hanging from my rear view mirror. The half marathon distance led to talking about the Around the Bay because he saw my top. 
  • When I got to the gym I did 20 mins of HIIT on the dreadmill as promised. Getting back onto the running belt after the straddle break was tricky and I pictured a gif of me on Gym Wankers. Luckily the dreaded slip followed by the fall of shame didn't happen. I did 40 minutes of upper body on the machines and 3 core circuits. I think I'm good for today. Or should I go biking?






  • What a busy day. Uncle John showed up this morning. Just out of the blue. He came to put pot lights into my kitchen ceiling. Some of you may or may not remember all the work he did on my old house before we sold last spring. He's not quite done. My kitchen was a mess all day. 
  • I spent the afternoon with some friends. An old college friend is thinking of moving to the Hammer with her family. They swung by around 3pm and we spent time chatting and walking around my neighborhood park. Julien was happy. He had friends to play with. We also ate dinner out with them. Good times. 
  • It was a busy day but I was also able to fit a mani-pedi in. Got my french manicured toes back:-) Today's eating wasn't great. Way too much fat. Twas the hot wings and sweet potato fries:-( Tomorrow is a new day to rectify my eating. Time to hit the hay. Gotta run and bike in the morning. And I'm getting second and third holes in my ears. Exciting times...