Thursday, August 6, 2015

The post about a fun day with the family across the border...



  • It's #coffeetime and today I paint a smile on my face and have a good time. I'm taking the boy to Martin's Fantasy Island just across the border in Grand Island, NY. Yesterday I felt like ass. After I found out about Chris Hyndman's death my day and mood nose dived. I think the circumstances in which his body was found bothered me the most. Today is a new day and I'm going to have a good time with my boy. Today is a planned rest day and it felt good to sleep in till 6am. I'm currently doing laundry and enjoying some quiet time before my house wakes up. The weather today is supposed to be perfect. Sunny and 24C. Julien can't wait to ride the Silver Comet...






  • Such a fun day at Fantasy Island. Best deal ever. Sixty Canadian dollars cash for a family of 4 every Wednesday. There's not tons of big thrill rides here but it's perfect for younger kids. And the rides they do have are pretty cool. Julien and I went on the Mind Warp half a dozen times. See the video above. I'm fecken insane. Right now we're just looking through shops and playing games. Waiting for dinner to settle and we're gonna go on the coaster a few more times. So funny to see signs up warning against using selfie sticks on all the rides. I guess it was a problem. Only issue is that I could only eat at one establishment. But success. I'm still on plan!




  • So this is the low down on my food for today. I ate 6x. Getting food while on a day trip isn't always the easiest. Especially not at Fantasy Island. But I wasn't going to eat off plan just because it was tricky finding stuff. Worst case scenario? There was a taco place across from the park. I could leave and get a salad if I really needed to. But I managed to scope out the only eating establishment in the park that said they had healthy food options. Not really, but it filled me up. So without further ado, this is what I ate today:

  • 2x coffee with cream
  • Left over tuna salad from yesterday
  • Apple
  • Cobb salad from TGI Friday's 
  • Mixed nuts
  • Meatballs with mixed veggies (I promise it tasted better than it looked)
  • Tossed salad
  • Vegetable chips
  • Lots of water

  • The meatballs, veggies and tossed salad were eaten together. The vegetable chips were shared with the family and was a nice treat. I never have stuff like that regularly. Although I liked them, the other 2 thought they were just okay. Off to bed. My alarm's set for 5am. Training with Tony tomorrow. And I kinda liked the cowboy style hat:-)