Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The post about TRX, a shoe less Joe and saying goodbye to my aunt...



  • Yesterday's Instagram in a nutshell...
  • It's #coffeetime and I feel rough this morning. Wanted to sleep more but I can't. I have to meet my trainer in an hour. It's leg day. And although I love leg day. It's getting harder and harder. I usually train outside for leg day so there is that. I may have to drink sportive this morning. I feel groggy. So much to do today. Trainer, breakfast meeting with client, lunch meeting with client, paper work, appointment for my dad and dinner with him and my aunt. I won't get home till 9pm:-( Only 4 more work days till vacation...





  • Who ever invented TRX is a sadist. Just saying. Although I smile on the outside, I cry for my abs deep in my soul. Today was a brutal but satisfying work out. Lots of heavy breathing and extreme sweating. My pony tail stuck to my neck. Although we did mostly legs, Tony had me do some upper body and of course the core. I really need a nap. But there is no rest for the wicked. Or is that weary? Maybe I'm a bit of both. Turkey sausage, coffee, shower. In that order. No clue what to wear today. Who called for rain? 





  • Eating out gets real old after a while. Especially when you pay $14 for a teeny weeny salad at Shoeless Joe's. This is the southwestern chicken salad. It was just okay. I'm still fecken hungry though and could use some meat. I'm craving lots of meat. Right now a whole roasted chicken would go down real good...



#transformationTuesday

  • Today my client told me she wished she had thick thighs like me. I laughed and said, "fat"? She said, "not fat, strong. You've strong legs with muscle". She's a size zero Barbie girl. It's funny that I spent my whole high school life wishing I was like her. And here she is a new high school graduate wishing she had my legs. My message to her. Love yourself just as you are and get working. She can definitely have stronger legs if she works for them. Nothing comes easy. The picture on the left is from the summer of 2011. My summer of clarity where I finally decided to change my life for good. I wasn't my heaviest there. I was holding steady at 300 pounds. That was the summer where I had my A-Ha moment and I was finally able to focus on my health. It only took 41 years to get to that point but better late than never...





  • Got to spend the evening with these two. This is the 20th picture we took. My aunt cracks me up. She's like Chandler from Friends. Every time I said "ok smile" she'd say, "I'm smiling". Every picture looks exactly like this one. She's fecken adorable. We had a nice evening. We went to, wait for it, Swiss Chalet for dinner:-) Loved listening to their stories about growing up in Antigonish. I also told my aunt about my boxing aspirations. She asked me a whole bunch of questions and wanted to know all about my trainer, then said, "are you really going to hit somebody Leigh Anne"? Then my dad said that I exercise too much and don't eat enough, again:-) 
  • My aunt told me that I had really pretty legs and both she and my dad kept asking me if I was cold. They thought I should be because my legs were "naked". I said goodbye to my aunt and she thanked me for taking such good care of my dad. She's headed to Ottawa on Saturday for her granddaughter's wedding. She'll spend a week there before heading back home. Every time I leave my dad he asks me if I'll be coming back soon. That always gives me a lump in my throat...