Monday, July 20, 2015

The post about a successful bike ride and visiting family...

 
  • Meanwhile in another social media dimension...
  • It's #coffeetime and I had a shitty sleep last night. The a/c was on but I don't think it made a difference. I was hot and there was no airflow. Had to put on the fan for circulation. This morning I ride. I'm gonna head up the escarpment shortly. Gonna do some HIIT and work the legs. I'll do some mat work for my abs when I get back. I hate ab work but it's necessary. My core needs to be strong if I'm going to box. Core, shoulders, cardio. The most important things for a boxer. Today I head to Scarborough. My mother-in-law's birthday celebration is happening and my aunt Dolly is visiting from Nova Scotia. Lots of food will be had today. Keep cool it's gonna be another hot one...





  • I did 14 HIITs up the mountain. Not gonna lie. Started to really struggle by about the 11th interval but busted my ass to get 3 more outta my exhausted legs. Riding up the escarpment in extreme heat is no joke yo! Once I got to the top, I still had another 13K to ride. My legs feel like spaghetti so I know I worked hard. The route I rode today I ride once per week. I've shaved about 10 minutes off my ride from the spring. Makes me feel like I'm getting stronger. Gotta hit the shower. But first some left over souvlaki from yesterday's dinner...





  • I've been trying to post this all afternoon. Busy time with family. Got surprised by seeing my pregnant niece who we haven't seen in a very long time. She's due in September and no one new she was expecting. Very exciting and a nice surprise for my MIL. 
  • It's hot as feck out so it's a short shorts kinda day. This is a frugal fashion post. The blouse and cami are from Reitman's. The blouse was $8, the cami $6.50 and the shorts were $8 from Old Navy. So that's $22.50. Math is not my strong point. That was a lot of work! All day those tassels got caught on things. Cupboard knobs were my greatest obstacle. I ate a ton at my mother-in-law's birthday lunch. Veal, chicken, salad and roasted veggies. Don't feel like I can eat again today. Off to my father's place now. I think we're ordering food...





  • Got to hang with these two today. After we left my mother-in-law's birthday celebration we went over to my dad's place (which is literally around the corner) and hung with my dad, visiting aunt, brother and sister-in-law. I ordered pizza for everyone. It's my aunt's favorite. I got naked wings and a salad. The pizza looked and smelled good tho. 
  • I told my aunt about my charity boxing plans and gave her a copy of the Canadian Running Magazine I'm featured in. She was so excited and said she's going to show everyone in Ottawa (she's attending her granddaughter's wedding next weekend), and in Antigonish when she gets home. She's so sweet and I'm glad my dad gets to spend time with her. They get along so well. 
  • It's way past my bedtime. I think I'm going to run to the Wentworth stairs in the morning. It's 2.5K from my place. I'm going to walk the stairs to the top of the escarpment then run back home. It's something new. And it certainly can't hurt to work my legs and glutes more.