Friday, July 24, 2015

The post about some wrecked abdominals, Booster Juice and my lack of street cred, yo...



  • It's #coffeetime and #postworkoutselfie rolled into one pic today. What a morning. Accidentally had my alarm on silent. So instead of waking at 4:30 like I normally do, I woke up at 5:15. This meant that I had to rush out the door and I didn't get to drink coffee this morning before my workout. Felt a touch groggy. Actually felt a lot groggy. 
  • Today I had some victories and some almost tears. My victory was that I did 30 assisted push-ups and 30 military push-ups. The military push-ups were shit, but I held my form and fuck me, I surprised myself. Tony was pleased and said that soon I'll be cranking out 10 perfect military push-ups. He reminded me that I couldn't do 3 assisted push-ups when we started training together. So that's huge for me. 
  • My core is the bane of my existence though. It feels like I pulled a muscle in my abdomen. And it's so frustrating when I'm doing core work. I have to work through this, because core is so important for boxing. A couple days ago I noticed a store on Ottawa Street where they sell used gym equipment. I'm going to head over this weekend and check out some free weights and kettlebells. So much of what I do with Tony I can do at home with a few weights. Especially the core stuff. Today while doing a core circuit, I seriously felt like crying. There's no crying at the gym. I get ribbed enough by the muscle guys as it is. And Tony could see my desperation. He keeps it positive though and reminds me how far I've already come. This is just another challenge for me. I'll beat my core yet...





  • This is a #frugalfashion post. I think I'm too curvy to pull off the maxi skirt. I got this entire outfit for $26. The skirt and black top are from Reitman's. $12.50 for the skirt (made an exception to the $10 rule because the top evened it out), $7.50 for the top. The tank and sandals were $3 each from Old Navy. Not sure how I feel about this look. Think I'd look better if I was leaner. Or maybe the padded push up bra was too much? It's fun to try something different. I'll be leaner in the fall and it will look awesome with a jean jacket...





  • I've never had this before. My lunch was dairy free and made with berries and leafy green veggies and protein powder. It was okay. It would be good after a workout. And it was filling. It gave me a boost. I was fading. Going into hour 5 of a housing search in the Kitchener-Waterloo area with a client. Lots of calling landlords and listening to gangster rap. I've a headache...





  • OMG. I'm such a deceitful lying liar who lies. Nothing but a big old fake bosom right there! It's #winetime and this is a special edition. I'm getting serious about training starting as soon as I finish this glass of wine. I feel more fluffy than usual today. I have a cheese and cured meat hang over. I'm fecken bloated. No more!!!! I want to get leaner and eating all the cheese and soppressata is not going to help me. Neither will drinking wine. So I'm going to be having #sparklingwatertime starting tomorrow. So boring but much better for my fitness goals. 
  • My nutritionist appointment is on Monday and I was going to wait till then to reign in the eating but now is as good a time as any to start. I feel physically best when I'm well hydrated and eating mostly protein and veggies. So that's what I'm going to do. I spent 7 hours doing a housing search in the Kitchener-Waterloo area today. It was successful because I was able to find housing for my young man. The only downside? Endless hours of gangsta rap. I've learned all I care to know about snitches, bitches, weapons, money and artists that start with Lil. And I also realized that I have zero street cred fo shizzle...





  • Tonight's dinner was BBQ goodness. Boneless pork chops and grilled veggies. The veggies consisted of peppers, eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Filling and yummy. I could totally eat like this everyday. I just need to make sure I have protein and produce on hand. Something worth noting. I'm getting calloused hands from the machines at the gym. Running made my feet ugly, now the gym will give me man hands. Excellent:-( Off to bed. You heard it here first. I'm running 8k at 6am tomorrow morning...