Sunday, July 19, 2015

The post about a pretty uneventful and freaking hot Saturday...



  • Yesterday's tomfoolery on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and it's already fecken humid out at 6:30am. It will be a very wet run this morning. I haven't run since Monday and I'm itching to go. Feels so strange running as infrequently as I do now. Only 2 or 3x per week. Also feels weird that I don't have any races in my foreseeable future. Maybe the Around the Bay in April. If I'm doing boxing training at that time, I'll have to do the relay. There's no way I could do boxing training 6x per week while simultaneously training for a 30k. Maybe if I didn't have a job or family. Or a body that would totally give out on me. No real plans today except groceries. Perhaps I'll see if Elin is available for winetime this afternoon...





  • Oi! Ass dragging!!! What wasn't a good call was doing a fasting workout with this humidity. Felt very light headed at times. But it's done. And for that I am thankful. What was totally exciting, was that I got to wear my new runners. My $30 Mizuno Wave Enigmas. The first run with new shoes is like Christmas morning. It's going to be 40 Celsius with the humidex later on this afternoon. I finally caved and turned on my air conditioner. I hate air conditioning. It usually gives me a wicked headache, and I tend to get sick. Can't wait to turn it off again. Exciting times ahead, I just got an email from Reitmans. Its 50% off the lowest ticketed price on their clearance items. I'm going to go get me some deals...





  • Could it legit get any hotter than it is right now? OMG! I'm melting ova here. 40C/104F in the shade. Today was a very successful shopping day. I spent $150 at the Reitmans clearance and I got 16 pieces of clothing and two pairs of earrings. Of that 16 pieces, I got two pairs of yoga pants, a pair of light pink ankle pants, a pair of shorts, a maxi skirt, a summer dress, a hoodie, three scarves, and five tops. I also got a singlet for $5. I'm thinking ahead. I'll not wear it till my arms are done. It was a good deal though. Very hard to pass up. Tonight is a souvlaki and Greek salad kinda day. My brother-in-law is visiting for the night...





  • This is today's final countdown. Dinner was a success. Village salad courtesy of my ace salad maker Julien. Served along side pork souvlaki that was marinated all day in an olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano mixture and then BBQ'd. It was very yummy. I got high fives all around. To the top right are some nail polishes I got from the dollar store. I know they normally retail for way more than $3. I got some great colors for my toes. Bronze, a deep red, and dark green. And my newly manicured feet. I went with something different than a French manicure for a change. And when did my feet start looking like Barney Rubble's?
  • All in all I had a pretty lame Saturday. The most exciting thing I did was spend an hour at Reitman's. But I also got to visit with my brother-in-law who just moved back to Toronto from Regina, Saskatchewan. So it's always nice to catch up with family. Tomorrow's gonna be another hot one. Lots of visiting will be going on. Spending the early part of the day with my in-laws and the later afternoon with my family. 
  • And I think it's worth mentioning that I'm nothing but a lying liar who lies. I never did groceries today. Grocery shopping is my most hated chore because it takes so much planning. Not just making the list but the price matching. It's a lot of work but worth it. I'm super frugal (read cheap) and cannot pass up savings anywhere. Also makes a predominantly meat diet affordable. Thank goodness for the Flipp app. Does half my work for me. I still dread doing it though. But we gotta eat! Wishing you all a restful Sunday. Keep cool:-)