Saturday, July 18, 2015

The post about a massage, special bacon and doing time at the nail salon...



  • Friday's Instagram shenanigans...
  • Friday ab check and I got nothing but stretch marks and softness. But I am blessed and very lucky. After extreme weight loss, my stomach is pretty flat. Even Tony mentioned that yesterday. He was watching me do pull-ups and said that if he hadn't seen my before picture he'd think I was talking smack. So even though I hate it with a passion, the core exercises stay. I've dreams for a firm 1 pack. All of the drills I do are done on the mat so I can do them at home. I just need to acquire some weights. Kijiji here I come. I was going to run today but I am tired and Friday is usually my rest day. I was up late last night then woken up at 2:30am by my next door neighbor and his date talking and listening to music on his deck. He was putting on the charm big time. She had an annoying high pitched voice that I could still hear after I closed my window. Couldn't fall asleep till after 4am again. This morning I get a massage then I work in Hamilton. Hoping to cross some things off of my work to do list today. Next Friday is my last day before I get two weeks vacation...





  • This happened this morning. Deep tissue massage. Mark focused mainly on legs. Got my quads and calves stripped. He also did my back, neck and shoulders. I was surprised that I wasn't as messed up as I normally am from running. Tony stretching me out after training and using the foam roller at home must be helping. Dare I say it was more relaxing and enjoyable than usual? Now I'm off to work. Taking one of my boys to the Mandarin for his birthday lunch:-)





  • A man's dreams are an index to his greatness; in bed. I am so juvenile! 
  • So I spent a good hour eating at the Mandarin today. Took one of my clients there for his birthday. I haven't been for a while. Lots of salad, meat and veggies were had. When I was following Dr. Poon's diet for weight loss, I used to eat there weekly. At that time I had 2 clients who wanted to eat there every time I saw them. I'd eat tons of meat and broccoli washed down with endless water and I always had a loss. While following the diet for weight loss, I lost 132# in 15 months. I lost 10 pounds a month until the last few months when things slowed down considerably. The last 10 pounds was the hardest to lose. I'm still chasing that dream.
  • The reason this lifestyle finally worked for me where others failed is because I realized I couldn't do moderation for the foods I loved (I can't have just one). Dr. Poon's diet allowed me to eat lean protein until I was full. And I still do eat till full. If I'm feeling snacky, grilled chicken breast hits the spot. Pictured on the left is chocolate covered bacon. It's not Paleo or Poon approved. They used milk chocolate. But I'm not gonna lie. It was delicious. Thank God I saw the bacon right before we were leaving. I ate one piece and left. That is not something I could eat in moderation...





  • Here's the last word for today. I just spent 3 hours in the nail salon, and I'm not sure why. All I know is that I was cranky and tired by the time I left. I got a pedicure and a much needed manicure but it shouldn't have taken 3 hours. I really really really need this glass of wine. This weather makes me sleepy. I've been cold and miserable all day long. But I know that the temperatures are going to get ridiculously hot in the next couple days. I'm heading to bed early tonight because I want to run early and maybe ride up the escarpment. I ate a ton at the Mandarin earlier and I didn't think I'd want dinner but I just ate a shitload of ground beef and cabbage. No big plans for the weekend except that Sunday is my mother-in-law's birthday celebration and we're also visiting my dad's place because my aunt Dolly is visiting from Antigonish. I suppose I should buy food tomorrow...