Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The post about a lot of stairs, a nutritionist appointment and more shopping...



  • Monday's happenings on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and I slept in till 5:30. It's all good though. I just need to be out the door by 7:30 for my run. I'm meeting with a client in west Toronto for 11am. Then I gotta head east for 3pm. I'll swing into Starbucks in between appts to do paperwork. I can stick to the Gardiner Expressway and it should be okay. With the Pan Am Games going on, driving through the city mid-day is a headache. I won't be going right downtown unless I have to. One more work week and I'm off for 2 weeks. I have to do some planning for a group I'm facilitating in August, write 3 reports and do July expenditures. And I have to visit with all my clients. It's gonna be a busy week...





  • I had a good challenging run this morning. I ran 2.5k to the Wentworth stairs. I climbed all 525 steps without a break. I ran down the stairs, then ran 2.5k back home. Next time I'll do the stairs 2 times and work my way up to more. I've never done those stairs before and I surprised myself. I remember a time we went camping before Julien was born. I was about 300 pounds and there were stairs to the beach. It was about 100 feet of stairs and I had to take several breaks while walking up them because I was so winded. Today I climbed the mountain without taking a break. At least once a day I surprise myself at what I can do now vs then. I'm excited to see what I'll be able to do 6 months down the road...





  • Ate dinner with a client at the Chicago Eatery on Pape Avenue. The most interesting Cobb salad I've ever had. It had Stilton cheese and pickled tomatoes. And in retrospect (the next day), it had no chicken. I got ripped off! I'm such a liar. I've been eating cheese sporadically. I've an appointment with a nutritionist next Monday for sports nutrition. Time to reign in the eating. I'm excited to bring my strength training to the next level. I may have to ditch the wine. GASP!!!! But I wanna become a lean mean fighting machine. So sacrifices must be made. My client is so cute. He's not eaten at many sit down restaurants. His meal was presented like mine and he photographed it every way you could imagine then didn't want to eat it. That made me smile big. My side is sweet potato fries...





  • I wasn't going to have#winetime tonight but I came home and no one is here. So I figured, why not? I've got a mountain of laundry to sort and start. Then I have to prep my post workout food for tomorrow morning. So that just tells you I've no time for wine. Busy day today. But I was able to squeeze in a bit of shopping. Ducked into Old Navy for a half hour. Got some hot pink shorts, 3 tops and sandals for $30. Good deals. Also got Julien's schol uniform tops for $5 each. Score! 
  • My outfit today cost $17.50. I know you can't tell by the photo, but I'm wearing light pink pants (that aren't stained). Ten bucks at Reitman's. The coral top was $7.50 from Reitman's and the black tank was gifted by the Marilyn Denis Show and is from H&M. Wore black strappy flat sandals today. Although I hate shopping I can never pass up a good deal. I never pay full price for anything. That's not actually true. I have paid full price for Julien's things. Hoping the humidity let's up. I'm sick of wearing my hair up. What's the use of having long hair if you can't wear it down?