Thursday, July 16, 2015

The post about an indecent proposal, a bike ride and a winner...



  • Meanwhile, on the other side of social media...
  • It's #coffeetime and I'm headed out the door in a few minutes. I've got a ticket to ride. Gonna do some HIIT intervals up the escarpment on my bike. Did this last week and it's freaking hard. I use the Strava app for my runs, rides, all activity. I don't have a ton of followers but I follow back everyone that follows me. It's a fitness app. This morning someone left a comment on an old run asking me to Whatsapp him because he was horny. FFS. I expect shit like that on Twitter or Instagram but not Strava. I can't figure out how to block him. Don't even know if Strava has a block feature. I'm lucky because I know some of my girlfriends on social media get hounded constantly. I don't get a lot of inappropriate direct messages. Only once in a while and if it's a DP I always screen shot it before blocking. Gotta share that shit with my girlfriends for a giggle...





  • Everytime I see myself in my bike helmet the Great Gazoo comes to mind. Good ride this morning. But it was pretty challenging. The wind made it particularly tricky. My legs felt very fatigued by the time I got home, so success was had. The wind on the mountain was so strong that it was work to pedal down hill. Busy day in the office. Back to back to back meetings and I have to see my dad later. Gotta replenish his meds and do groceries with him. Hope you're having a good humpday:-)





  • You get a hint of a smile with today's #sunroofselfie. I've just bought these jeans from Reitman's for 10 bucks. I got the size I've always gotten, or so I thought. Reitman's recently changed their sizing for jeans. I've always worn size 7 or 9 depending on the cut. If there's not lycra in the jeans, size 9 usually fit fine. Sometimes there's just issue with a big waist because you know, pear shaped. I've been doing nothing but pulling my pants up today. Definitely too big in the waist and baggy in the bum which makes me think I sized wrong. I should have sized down or maybe I should have tried them on first. Lesson learned. And I've had a disappointing lunch. Ordered my same spicy chicken and veggie order from Ginger's that I've been ordering for years. They gave me rice! I've never ordered rice from there. Ended up throwing most of my lunch out. At least I'm looking forward to seeing my dad later...





  • What a busy day. I've not even been on social media once today. Feel outta the loop. I worked until 4:30pm, then I drove to my dad's place in Scarborough. The traffic was horrible. It took me over an hour from downtown Toronto. I blame the Pan Am games. I blame the Pan Am Games on everything. When I got to my dad's place he was very excited to show me the birds nest in his tree. There were three baby birds in there. We went to drop his prescription off at Shoppers Drug Mart, then we went to Swiss Chalet for dinner. I got the half chicken dinner with salad and we did a scratch and win and won Caesar salad for our next visit. I helped my dad with some banking, we picked up his prescription, and we did some groceries. Today he told me that I was the most beautiful girl he knows, but that I exercise too much, and I don't eat enough. What made my heart happy today was seeing how well he ate his dinner at Swiss Chalet. A hot chicken sandwich and coconut cream pie. Before I left, he asked if we could take a picture because we do it every time I visit. I think I'm going to make them into a collage for him...