Saturday, July 11, 2015

The post about a father, sweet heat and mulch



  • It's #coffeetime and this morning we do an ab check. Yep, still no abs. But I know they're there because they are sore as feck. Hurts to pee or laugh. And let's not talk about getting out of bed. That was a production this morning. This morning I rest. Gotta HIIT it hard tomorrow and Sunday. HIIT is high intensity interval training. When I first started running at 230 pounds, I was doing intervals. One minute walking, one minute running. It didn't seem like a lot at the time but the weight just fell off me. HIIT is an effective fat burner that will boost your metabolism and keep you burning all day. Just 19 minutes of 1 minute running as hard as I can followed by 30 seconds walking. So that's 13 sets I think. Doesn't sound like much but it's hard and I'm soaked everywhere when I'm done. Working hard to rid myself of this last bit of fat around my hips. Off to Scarborough this morning to do dad stuff with my brother...



Sweet Heat Salad @ Swiss Chalet


  • Lunch today at Swiss Chalet with my father and brother. Sweet heat salad. Spicy. Think I may still be hungry. Craving more protein...
  • Wanna know what was a nice treat? My brother paid for lunch. Seeing as I was still hungry, I should have ordered the 1/2 chicken dinner:-)



My daddy and me...


  • Spent the day with this guy. Took care of some legal shenanigans, hung out at Home Depot, ate lunch, got prescriptions filled and banking stuff sorted. Afterwards we went grocery shopping, I hard boiled his eggs and started his laundry. Number of times he told me I exercise too much? More than 10. Number of times he offered me baked goods? More than 10. Number of times he asked how Julien was? More than 10. Number of times he told me my aunt was coming to visit next week? More than 10. It's hard to see him struggle with his memory. But anytime I see him is time well spent. And no one gives me hugs like my dad...





  • #Winetime wood chipper edition. So my neighbor had her tree pruned. Big time. When the chipper was put on, there was saw dust for as far as the eye could see. Ok. It was just in my front yard. But it was massive. Ok. Maybe just some random clouds flying around. Which was more like fairy dust. Why the 3rd degree? Bottom line is I got free mulch and I didn't care that the tree pruners and 2 neighbors watched me take wine time selfies. These were chosen as the two best. Unanimously. Quite the task to narrow down since there were 20 to choose from. In other news my abs are still sore. But I'm going to bed early tonight. And by tonight I mean now. I want to do my HIIT workout early, run 6k and bike up the escarpment. All whilst balancing a pineapple on my head. Cheers...





  • My last post today. I promise. I'm in my jammies and Smitty wants nothing to do with me. She won't look at me and everytime I touch her, she moves further away. She's a strange animal and I think she's still holding ill will over accidentally being left out all night a week ago. My dinner tonight was breaded chicken. Yep. I said breaded. Julien requested it and I didn't have it in me to make "Paleo" breaded chicken too. So I ate the contriband chicken. It was delicious. And Business Baby cracks me up. I have to catch up on correspondence this weekend. I feel badly. I've blog emails I haven't answered from a month ago. Gonna get them done for sure. But first, it's almost 9:30 pm. Bedtime...