Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The post about a drenched run, a happy kitty and breaking up with cheese, AGAIN!!!



  • Yesterday on Instagram...
  • It's #coffeetime and Monday morning sucks ass. Slept through my alarm today. No gym which means I have to run. And later I'll have to bike. Hate it when my schedule gets messed up. My alarm was on vibrate which always wakes me. Woke at 3am, closed my eyes. Woke again at 4:40 which is when I should have been in my car making my way to the gym. I have to be out of my house by 7:30. It's the Pan Am Games that are messing me up. I've no idea what the roads are going to be like. The life of a commuter:-(





  • This run was from this morning. I ran at 5:30 am and the humidity was already heavy. Running in humidity is no joke yo! So incredibly ass dragging and slow. I was so freaking soaked that I could wring out my running gear. Seen on my run, Christmas in July. One of my biggest pet peeves is holiday decorations past the holiday. The snowman was being thrown out, I think, but they still have a Christmas wreath on their door. Got a nice compliment from a coworker I haven't seen in a while. She asked me what I'm doing to stay in shape because I look "real good". When I started to describe my fitness and eating routhine, her eyes glazed over and she looked bored. Typical. No one wants my life. It's too much fecken work. But she did ask...





  • Seems like it's been a long day. I got into the office for 9:15 am. The highways didn't seem as busy as I expected with the Pan Am Games going on. Stayed at the office until 2 p.m., then brought a client back to Hamilton with me. We had linner (late lunch, early dinner) at the West End Diner. I ordered the Greek salad which had a ton of feta cheese on it and I knew it wouldn't sit well. But still I ate it like it was my last supper. I'm a glutton for punishment and I clearly don't learn from experience. My stomach doesn't feel so good right now. I don't think I can eat again today. But I can drink some wine. Even if it is warmish. And look at how long my legs look in that distorted picture. I look a bit freaky. My legs aren't that long, lean or that smooth. But a girl can dream:-)





  • Real progress made right here. Smitty will actually look at me today. I think she's finally taken some responsibility for being locked out last week. We have made amends and I agreed to check under my bed to reassure myself she's actually there instead of just assuming she is. I feel bloated and yucky tonight. Between the sour cream last night and the cheese today I know what I really need to do. I need to cut dairy completely out of my diet again. Except for cream in my coffee (which I'll never sacrifice), I'm not going to have dairy anymore. I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds of fat and consuming dairy doesn't help with that. Going to stick with lean protein and vegetables until I get a call back from the nutritionist I left a message with today. I don't know how to eat properly for strength training and I know I'm not eating frequently enough. Which is counterproductive because I'm not losing fat quickly. And I don't want to get bulkier I want to get leaner...