Friday, March 21, 2014

The post about a good deal, a good meal and Pharrell

Top: My very boring, but very filling meal. Tuna cakes, cabbage and broccoli.
Left: An angel I do not like.
Right: My $10 Army Surplus Jacket from Old Navy.

  • I had a pretty uneventful couple of days. More pictures than words I think. Thursday morning I ran 8K. It wasn't bad, but I felt a bit off still. My feet were pounding the pavement so I know that my running form is off. I clomped along and could hear my steps. Not good. You're supposed to run like you're sneaking up on someone. People were turning around 100 meters in front of me to see what was behind them. Still I managed my 8K with a 6:45 pace. I'll take it. Not my best time for sure, but I'm just glad I ran. Almost talked myself out of it.
  • Today's run was better. Six kilometres at a 6:32/K pace. Still not feeling 100%, but better. I have gotten extremely efficient at running hills. I did lots of hill repeats during my training, and my last 3 LSD's had lots of hills. When I run through down town, there are a few good sized hills to contend with. My pace does not slow, and my breathing stays relatively the same. Hill repeats, although boring, are a good thing for sure!
  • I hate looking at my legs while I'm sitting down. So I did what any insecure woman would do. I took a picture while waiting for Dr. Pitt. I'm posting it because I know it's not as bad as what I envision in my head. But I still think I have thick legs. 
  • Today I got to wear my $10 Old Navy surplus jacket I bought a few months back on clearance. That is not a "self love" exercise/photo. I'm just showing off my frugal fashion find. And I had a good hair day:)


This is exactly how I feel during an anxiety attack.

  • I faxed over the referral for the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) therapy yesterday. They called me today and can see me on April 8th. That was much quicker than I anticipated. I thought I would have to wait a bit, but no. Even knowing I have an appointment lined up makes me feel less anxious. That and carrying Lorazepam around in my bag. I may never use it, but it's comforting to know it's there.
  • Although I am back on social media and reading a lot of blogs, I am not commenting and I apologize. I just don't feel like I have much to offer in the form of inspiration or encouragement. I need to get rid of the clutter in my head, and I'll be back. I absolutely appreciate all the support I have received from my social media outlets. You guys rock! Thank you for being in my life. I appreciate you. 
  • A short post because I honestly don't know what to write tonight. Writers block? Maybe. Or maybe I'm just boring:) Either way, Julien's not boring. I leave you with a snippet of him singing his favourite song. Happy by Pharrell Williams. Don't like seeing myself like this so much, but my face is dark, so it's all good. And he's super cute, so it cancels out any of my insecurities. Enjoy:)