Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"Lone red spoon" and "Dried coffee"

Lone red spoon...

I call this one "Dried coffee at the bottom of the cup".

Check out my Instagram photos.  Artistic huh?  The top one was encouraged by my friend Michael. We were waiting for grilled chicken and broccoli at Gingers and he told me to shoot the soup spoons because there was one lone red one.  Good eye Michael.  The second photo was my China Tim Horton's mug with dried up coffee in the bottom strategically placed on Nina and Linda's work table.  I think I lost my calling!

Yesterday was pretty uneventful.  I had to take the Go Train to work because my car was at the shop.  I got into Toronto at 8:15am, and walked from Union Station to my office, 45 minutes away. I stopped at Reitmans (the store that gifted me the $1000 from when I was on the Steven and Chris Show) to look around for 10 minutes, and was so confused about what to buy.  I need my stylist!!! Aside from the dress I wore on the show (which cost only $23 on clearance), I have spent nothing. Part of that reason is because I'm still losing the last 10 pounds or so, and I don't want to purchase pants that will be too big...but I'm also a lousy shopper!  I do much better at Value Village.  That's where I feel most comfortable.  No one hounds me and I can look around at my leisure.  I'm making a personal goal for myself to spend a few hundred dollars of the gift card by the end of April.  That gives me time to get the last ten pounds off and my head around the idea of paying regular price for stuff.  Even though the card was gifted to me, it will still hurt to spend $40 on a pair of pants.

I think the only reason I'm smiling is because
I'm done.  The sleet and darkness sucked!

This morning I had to wake up super early to run.  I needed to be out my door by 5:30am because I had to be on the road to Peterborough by 7:30am.  We had a little blast of winter last night. Although Hamilton didn't get too much snow (just a dusting), north of the city (Peterborough) got a bit more and I was unsure of the driving conditions.  I had a tricky run this morning because there was a layer of sleet on the sidewalks and I wasn't feeling too steady.  I ran on the road as much as I could, but even the edges of the roads were slippery.  Despite the obstacles of my run this morning, I still managed to run at a 6:50 pace.  Not too shabby.

Have I mentioned how done I am with winter?  Driving today was a real treat.  I drove through rain, sleet and finally a lot of snow.  Luckily the roads weren't slippery as nothing was really staying down.  It snowed all day in Peterborough.  Big HUGE snowflakes.  Pretty, but I'm ready to move on.  The good news is that it looks like there will be good weather for the Around the Bay relay on Sunday.  I'm really excited.  I know I can run the route no problem because I did it two weeks ago with Monica.  My only concern is my crampy toes.  Graham is taping my feet on Friday so I should be okay.  And it's 15K, not 21.1K, or 30K.  I should be okay even without my feet taped.  I'll be waiting for my hubby at the 15K mark and get to see all the elite runners go by.  I'm really pumped. It should be quite the experience.

I'm still rocking Phase 1 of Dr. Poon's Metabolic Diet.  I'm not feeling hungry, and even though I'm keeping up with my running schedule of 5 days per week, I'm feeling strong so I'm definitely eating enough.  I really just want to get as lean as I can as quickly as possible so I can start speed training for the half marathon in June.  I've worked out my training schedule and the real long runs don't start until April 14th when I do a 16K.  That's the day before my six weeks of Phase 1 is up.  I think I'll be good.

I had to purchase a giant exercise ball for my physio exercises.  Graham has me doing these leg curls with the giant ball which are not my favorite thing to do.  I'm still doing clam shells, bridging, squats, monster walk and a few other core things that are not fun.  None of the exercises are fun. Physio is not fun.  Neither is therapeutic massage.  The next thing to be stripped?  Likely my feet. I've already been warned that it's very painful.  I can't imagine anything being more painful than having your calves stripped.   I'm going to see Mark on Thursday morning.  I'll tell you which one is more painful.  It should be lots of fun.  I don't like having my feet touched.  The lengths I go to so that I can run!  My how times have changed.  I went from being someone who didn't like to be touched at all, to someone who is touched several times a week so that I can be stretched, taped, massaged, muscle stripped and adjusted.  When do I get a hug?

Could be my last Roll up the Rim.  They
ran out of cups in Peterborough!
I'm still a loser:(