Sunday, September 30, 2012

Walk this way

The weekend seemed too short!  It feels like it was Friday just hours ago.  We had a dinner this Saturday for my gal Beverly.  She celebrated a birthday last week and she, her hubby and boys came over for a celebratory dinner.  Fun was had by all, and I made a roast in my slow cooker.  I also made some roasted potatoes, green beans, carrots and garlic mashed cauliflower.  The only thing I couldn't eat was the potatoes.  Dinner was super yummy and I also made Beverly a chocolate chip banana bread cake.  I hear it was also delish!

I had a couple of good long runs this past weekend. I did 8k on Friday and 10k on Saturday. I was feeling a little ache in my quads this morning so I didn't plan on running with my group (because I knew no one would be there).  Instead, I still went out to the practice session and planned on walking with the walking group.  Here I am feeling smug thinking to myself that a nice leisurely walk is just what my sore quads needed.  I am a total tool.  I will never underestimate the walking group again.

The entrance to the trail that goes to
Bayfront Park.  Very pretty fall colors!
I was freaking cold when we left for the
walk this morning!

We did a 12k walk to Princess Point and beyond to Bayfront Park. It is quite the trek and let me tell you, when I was done, my legs were screaming.  As I'm walking back to my car, one of the marathon runners, who is also a Pilates instructor, stops me and tells me that she can see that I'm limping.  I really was.  Those marathon walkers can walk freakishly fast.  I almost had to run to keep up with them.  All in all it was a good experience (except for the sore legs), but I probably should have taken today as a rest day since my legs were sore to begin with.  Always listen to your body!!!!!!

Tomorrow night Beverly and I start our second Learn to Run (LTR) clinic at the Running Room.  I'm excited about this clinic.  We have more participants than our last LTR, and now that I sort of know what I'm doing, I feel more confident as an instructor.  I also noticed that a couple of men joined again.  This completely blows my theory of men being too proud to join a LTR clinic.  The past clinics (prior to Bev and I teaching them) were always women.  Off to put my peanut to bed...then I'm going to read and hit the sack myself.  I'm up at 5:30 am for my morning run.  Love running in the morning.  Gives me tons of energy for the rest of the day and puts me in a good mood.