Thursday, December 1, 2011

Jingle all the weigh

Let the games begin!  So here starts the month of December. This could be a very difficult month, depending on how I view it.  Since I am gearing into festive mode, my real test is going to be whether or not I can hold it together over the holidays.  We have some sort of social activity planned every weekend in December.  So the real question is, how can I stay focused?  I really, really, really do not want to fall off the wagon.

I've decided to look at the entire festive season as a challenge.  A contest of wills where I am the lone contestant.  So in essence, I will be competing against myself.  Confused?  Understandable.  Basically, I am challenging myself to keep it together over the month of December and to keep up my lifestyle change...without faltering.  That's right!  I am not going to eat anything I shouldn't because I will keep in mind that this is just for now, not forever.  Just because I'm NOT going to indulge in endless Christmas cookies, perogy, yummy hors d'oeuvres, and hardest of all...alcohol beverages, doesn't mean I will never again be able to experience (in moderation) these delectable treats.  My buddy Dave has offered to drink my share of alcoholic beverages and even take a super hang-over for me.  That is real friendship.  Thanks big guy:)

My Christmas gift to myself this year is going to be a normal blood pressure, lots of energy, a clear head, and an endless amount of meat and fish.  In order for me to receive my gift, I will need to keep focused, which means keeping the prize in sight.  You're probably thinking the prize is my good health, but I'm a woman for Pete sake!  The prize is really some sexy boots that will fit around my much slimmer calves:)